Transdev Auckland’s runs the passenger rail services on behalf of Auckland Transport, delivering approximately 3,300 services each week and over 20 million annual passenger journeys.
Transdev Auckland supported the electrification of Auckland’s passenger rail network, which was completed in 2015. This included overseeing the introduction of 57 electric multiple units (EMU) trains and the transition from the previous diesel fleet.
The Auckland passenger rail network is 96km long and features 40 stations across four lines: Southern, Eastern, Onehunga and Western.
Transdev approached us with the following requirements:
- Move 90 staff to a new location
- Migrated existing systems from VMWare to Hyper-V
- Mail Servers
- Internet Connections
- Fibre Connections – Used existing AT fibre
- Move Corporate Wi-Fi controller
- Migrated to a new phone system
With Zero Downtime.
We needed to do the high-level design, detailed design and assist with implementation on tight timelines and budget.
We took on this challenging project, we first assist with the high-level design and planning, we then moved to detailed design and implementation.
We designed and built the following:
- Exchange – Migrated users and retired old servers
- Skype for Business
- Active Directory – DHCP, DNS
- Hyper-V Cluster
- StoreVirtual Storage
- File server
After careful design planning and execution we achieved the following:
- Office move completed in two weeks for 90 staff.
- Migration of servers and services to new Hyper-V infrastructure.
- Quick resolution of issues helping to maintain Transdev operations
- Provided architectural advice and strategy in regard to IT systems integration with Auckland Transport.
- Zero Downtime
Request a free consultation